The Battle with Miniatures

 

Dwarf's Head
Originally uploaded by mafiu
21st Century Dwarf
So I finally got around to opening my White Dwarf 30th Anniversary model. As I suspected it comes in multiple castings - Four plus the base.
One of the castings contains two parts, the shield and the White Dwarfs head. The shield is quite a good piece as it has the hands of both of the dwarves who are holding it built in, with sockets - so that shouldn’t be too bad to glue together. The shield also has a hole that a pin from the White Dwarf's foot so that he can be glued on. That doesn’t look to complex. What worries me is his head and beard, as as usual there is not much of a socket, so this will need to be pinned if possible, but its hard not to drill out of the top of his head if you get the angle right. Not looking forward to that.
threeDwarves
The slayer and Bugman, they are both single castings (apart from their hands holding the shield) And they both have slottabase bars. But the base that they supply doesn’t look big enough for them to fit onto this - so that’s a bit strange. I googled a picture of the painted model for a colour scheme, and notice that on the demo model the dwarves are standing on pavement, that reaches out over the base to make them fit. I don’t really want to copy that directly bit I cant really see another way to do this.
So here is a posting! Just to show I've thought about this - however I wont be painting this model any time soon. If I do any miniatures painting it will have to be some of the dwarves that I got in my Skull Pass set.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   January 2005   May 2005   June 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   April 2007   June 2007   January 2008   April 2008   October 2008  

Lord of the Rings Battle Game
Ring Owner: Hithero Site: Hithero's LOTR site.
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet

I painted Games Workshop miniatures when I was a teenager, and have started painting them again since my son has become interested in them. After subscribing to Battle games in middle earth I thought I would try and blog my progress through trying to paint them all. This blog is just about miniatures, not about the rest of my life, I do other things!

Similar Blogs:

Other BGIME Resources:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?