The Battle with Miniatures

 

Thrud the Barbarian (with Admirer)


Thrud the Barbarian
Originally uploaded by mafiu.
When I started this blog I said one of the things that I would do was upload some of the models I had painted years ago. So here is one. Thrud was created by Carl Critchlow and appear as a comic strip in White Dwarf in the 80s. Four special edition citadel miniature sets were created. This one is LE19 - Thrud and Admirer. I'm especially pleased with her 'straps...' Also the floor was a new one for me. I think it was polyfiller, or maybe it was Milliput, but I put on a layer and then used a pin to create a crazy paving effect on the base. Looking at the figure with what I know now it is really very poorly painted. The wood and the boots are ok, but all the metal is straight base colour, and the skin is just a flesh tone and an orange in the creases. I'm sure I'd make a better job now, if I ever got around to painting one.
I notice though that Thrud has been ressurected by Heresy Miniatures who I suspect may have modeled the original.
I may avail myself of one when I have finished everything else.
I originally took this photo to put as a picture on another post, but then I remembered so much about this that it needed one of its own, so I'll probably use something else. I also did some wikepeadia research about Thrud and ended up amending the entry to add about the citadel model.

Labels:

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   January 2005   May 2005   June 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   April 2007   June 2007   January 2008   April 2008   October 2008  

Lord of the Rings Battle Game
Ring Owner: Hithero Site: Hithero's LOTR site.
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet

I painted Games Workshop miniatures when I was a teenager, and have started painting them again since my son has become interested in them. After subscribing to Battle games in middle earth I thought I would try and blog my progress through trying to paint them all. This blog is just about miniatures, not about the rest of my life, I do other things!

Similar Blogs:

Other BGIME Resources:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?