The Battle with Miniatures

 

Battle games 82 and 83


Battle games 82 and 83
Originally uploaded by mafiu.
Well as they arrived tonight I thought I better get these blogged as well. Issue 82 (only 8 more till the end!!) comes with a Mordor Shaman metal figure. Thats quite a few consecutive metal figures, I wonder if I'll get to the end of the series now without any more sprues? I can hope! The Mag starts with issues around Shamet tactic and how you use them in the games. There follows a Rivendell campaign and a painting tutorial. In the Campaign pages there was this really good looking statue, but then on the painting pages a tatty old tent that the shamen is standing in front of. 'That'll be the scratch build then,' I though. But no - its the statue. I'd really like to make that but it uses that dense foam. Its pink in most builds, but this time its yellow. And I dont know where to get it from. Oh well wouldnt get time to make it anyway.
With 83 comes a metal miniature just marked 'DWARF' on its base slot. Inside its revealed as a Dwarf Captain. Now I like Dwarfs. I like the concept of Dwarfs (even the totally different Dwarves in Eoin Colfer Stories...) But dont really get on with painting them. Anyway some rules and Stats for Dwarf, probably from Shadow and Flame, Some more card dwarves and a battle game in Moria. Theres a painting guide to paint your Dwarf 'Nice Blue' (My description) and then some scratch builds of general Moria rooms and scenery.

Labels:

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   January 2005   May 2005   June 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   April 2007   June 2007   January 2008   April 2008   October 2008  

Lord of the Rings Battle Game
Ring Owner: Hithero Site: Hithero's LOTR site.
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet

I painted Games Workshop miniatures when I was a teenager, and have started painting them again since my son has become interested in them. After subscribing to Battle games in middle earth I thought I would try and blog my progress through trying to paint them all. This blog is just about miniatures, not about the rest of my life, I do other things!

Similar Blogs:

Other BGIME Resources:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?