The Battle with Miniatures

 

The end is nigh!

The end is nigh! Progress as of Saturday Night
This is how it looked on Saturday night. As you can see I've based all of the painted models, everything is off the spues and undercoated. Spore mines finished (apart from one escapee that needs basing.) But now its 2 days later. All my gene stealers are finished, and I've even done the bases. I'm much happier with the finish of the red on these. I think what i was doing wrong was failing to reset the red base colour after the shadow coat (Chestnut ink) I also managed to mix the right shade of pink for the highlights, and it has a real, dried gone off raw chicken look about it now, which I'm happy with. So all that was left was the remaining marines, which I think I had been putting this off as I was bothered as to how intricate they were. The first three I had done I took ages putting the base coat on, while letting some of the black show through. This time I decided to wet brush the blue on, that is, use a drybrushing technique with more paint on the brush. This left the concave detail black, but left a brighter blue color on the models. I'll have to black ink some of the detail back in, but it was much quicker for the batch painting I was wanting to do. My real life now needs to retake priority over my painting, so probably no updates for a while - but I've made some progress over the last week no doubt.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   January 2005   May 2005   June 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   April 2007   June 2007   January 2008   April 2008   October 2008  

Lord of the Rings Battle Game
Ring Owner: Hithero Site: Hithero's LOTR site.
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet

I painted Games Workshop miniatures when I was a teenager, and have started painting them again since my son has become interested in them. After subscribing to Battle games in middle earth I thought I would try and blog my progress through trying to paint them all. This blog is just about miniatures, not about the rest of my life, I do other things!

Similar Blogs:

Other BGIME Resources:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?